HR Business Partner
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner. This is a newly created role that serves as an internal HRBP to assigned business units delivering comprehensive human resources programs, initiatives and solutions in support of increased employee and organizational performance. Solutions and strategies may include compensation, administration, talent development, performance management, employee relations issues and modeling values and building a culture in alignment with Corporate. This position will support manufacturing operations in multiple states and will involve up to 40% travel.
Human Resources Business Partner responsibilities include:
- Working closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Resolving complex employee relations issues. Conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Analyzing trends and metrics in partnership with the Corporate HR to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Providing day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.G., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Acting as lead for annual performance management program for business units.
- Providing HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Actively supporting business unit’ s recruitment efforts as needed reviewing resumes, conducting phone screens and in person interview making recommendations to management and Corp HR team.
- Identifying, developing and delivering training for business units in conjunction with Corp HR and the Training team.
Human Resources Business Partner requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or a related area.
- 5-7 years Human Resources experience, with at least 2-3 as a HR Generalist or equivalent.
- Human Resources certification is preferred.
- Experience in manufacturing or industrial organizations is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and execute strategic vision.