Financial Reporting Manager
Overland Park, KS
WHO OUR CLIENT IS
- Large Kansas City based company/industry leader
- Year after year of continued growth and award-winning culture
- Name-brand recognition and respect in Kansas City's professional community
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU
- Collaborative work environment; thought-leadership encouraged
- Exceptional exposure to senior management
- Engaged management looking to bring professionalism to the Finance department
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
- Consolidation of financial information across company business units.
- Coordinate the relationship and closing process with subsidiary companies’ management.
- Anticipates and manages changes related to integration of acquisitions. Responsible for analysis of changes in Consolidated Balance Sheet.
- Development and supervision of Consolidations/Financial Reporting staff and managers.
- Perform analysis on subsidiary companies results and coordinate explanations of variances to last year with their management.
- Accountable for the management of a department or functional group through subordinate supervisors/managers and for all personnel issues — including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
- 7-12 years of experience
- Public Accounting experience and CPA preferred
- Strong written and oral communications skills required
- Experience in consolidations and/or international accounting
- Experience in Financial Reporting with a large public company
- Experience with a multi-division, multi-national company
- Experience in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Strong technical knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles
- Experience in multi-unit company consolidations
- Ability to critically think and provide guidance on the practical application of complex accounting, reporting and business matters
- Ability to drive for results while managing multiple and potentially competing priorities, often in an evolving environment
- Ability to develop direct reports and others