Overland Park, KS
Our client is seeking a Financial Analyst to join their Accounting Team. The primary responsibilities of the Financial Analyst are to assist with monthly financial reporting, analysis, and forecasting as well as the annual budget process.
- The Financial Analyst will assist with monthly analysis of business unit performance
- Create a monthly financial reporting package for management.
- The Financial Analyst will monitor trends of key financial metrics and drivers.
- Ongoing development of financial reporting and analysis tools.
- The Financial Analyst will prepare and/or review financial proposals and reports to funders.
- Attend budget meetings and assist with data gathering.
- Enter budget data into budget software.
- Prepare detailed schedules for important revenue and expense categories.
- Work with non-finance departments to review results of analysis and develop rolling forecasts for the remainder of the fiscal year.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and procedures, including reporting, analysis, forecasting, and budgeting is required.
- College degree in Finance or Economics or related field required.
- 1-5 years of corporate experience preferred.
- Strong applied knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
- Experience with financial reporting or database systems
- Proficiency with accounting software systems, such as Great Plains/Dynamics or comparable package, strongly preferred.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures.