Kansas City, MO
Morgan Hunter is one of the largest and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking an Executive Assistant to support their executive leadership team.
Executive Assistant responsibilities include:
- Maintains calendars, including scheduling for team leader, time off processing, filing, preparation of correspondence and support of department staff as appropriate.
- Schedules appointments, meetings, rooms, equipment, and catering. Confirms attendance and makes appropriate arrangements prior to meeting/event. Utilize judgment and be able to set priorities, organize appointments/meetings and keep leadership informed.
- Receives reviews and sorts all incoming correspondence. Distributes external and internal mail and handles efficiently and appropriately. Prepares outgoing mail.
- Performs administrative duties at meetings as assigned. Prepares agendas, distributes packets, records and transcribes minutes, secures necessary signatures, and maintains permanent minute books.
- Serves as liaison for assigned areas. Takes accurate messages, distributes messages, and follows-up as appropriate.
- Maintains confidentiality of all records and issues handled in the assigned areas.
- Makes travel arrangements, including seminar reservations, hotel accommodations, flight arrangements, car rental, etc. Completes check requests and travel reimbursement forms as needed.
- Maintain proficiency in computer software programs in Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Visio and other programs as needed.
- Assist in preparing presentations and special projects as needed, but not limited to research, preparation of reports/overheads etc.
Executive Assistant requirements include:
- Two years of advanced education from college, business, or vocational school or bachelor's degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years high level administrative support experience.
- Demonstrated experience with supporting one or more executives with a busy calendar, completing complex reports and managing work flow.
- Must be highly proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience handling confidential information and sensitive data.
- Excellent organization, follow-through and customer service skills required.
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and professionalism, plus solid business writing skills: grammar, punctuation, proofreading.