Director of Sales
Overland Park, KS
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City Metro. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Director of Sales to help take their sales team to the next level in production. You should be a self-starter, forward-thinking, and decisive person who can lead by example. Your team views you as a coach, mentor, and motivator, and you push yourself and a solid team to get results.
As the Director of Sales, you will help take our successful client to the next level sales productivity. Our client would love to find someone with a technical aptitude around numbers preferably from a financial services company that plays in the credit card space. As a mentor/coach you should possess a style that motivates your team to be successful. You must be able to maintain a strong sense of urgency in a deadline driven environment. You will develop new sales strategies, marketing pushes, and new business expansion strategies. The right individual will be able to set a motivational tone and establish a high degree of optimism and execution for the team they will lead.
- Develop plans and strategies to expand sales customer base utilizing data and financial analysis.
- Establish sales targets and monitor team performance.
- Lead team to achieve maximum profitability and growth.
- Staff, direct, coach, and develop inside sales team and also oversee a field team of up to 10 people.
- Develop, lead, and manage marketing initiatives and actions.
- Identify and analyze trends and market opportunities.
- Develop actions to increase existing customer sales and retention.
Must Have Skills:
- Bachelor’ s Degree from an Accredited University
- Must have 10-15 years of post-college experience in sales with 5+ years in proven successful sales leadership.
- Must have worked in a company that sells to multi-location retail environment as your team will be educating those stores on your company's products.
- Ability to take data from sales CRM and store retail locations to make strategic and informed decisions for the sales team.
- Leads an inside sales team of up to 16 people and an outside team of 7.
- Tons of room for growth in the company. If someone rises to the top as a leader you might be recommended to their international leadership program which can put them on track for the C-Suite at some point. Their executive leadership program is similar to the GE approach and is how they groom their C-Suite leaders.
- Reports directly to the C-Suite – extremely smart individual with a direct personality.
- Why this company and not your current employer? Our client can guarantee you will have a seat at the table and their lead-by-example mentality will be recognized.
- The Inside Sales team sells to store retail managers across the US. It is more educating them on the client's product offerings to ensure push through to consumers.
- Multi-channel retail experience is key as you are motivating store managers and employees to sell “ x” product even when it isn’ t the store employee’ s primary product to sell.
- People from slow moving corporations aren’ t a fit. They have fast moving targets and there is always a sense of urgency within the company.
- Must be someone who has been in sales throughout their career. Sales is in your DNA.
- You have a track record for motivating high-performing teams.
- Must have grit, perseverance, and be persistent. They want up and coming leaders who have shown great progression in their career.
Compensation package is extremely aggressive with a mid-$100's+ base salary plus an aggressive bonus package puts you well over $200, 000 year one.
Our client offers unparalleled room for professional growth. Employees who excel in their roles are recognized at the highest level and are promoted.
NOTE: Relocation to the Kansas City area is provided for qualified candidates.