Director of Learning and Development
Kansas City, MO
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Director of Learning and Development. This position will identify training needs for the organization's employees to develop and implement training programs meeting those needs for this multi-site and multi-state organization. This position will consistently drive the brand standards, new virtual learning processes, and general learning procedures. The ideal candidate is ready and excited to build meaningful and creative learning programs on a team with a shared passion to maximize potential, drive the business and have some fun.
Director of Learning and Development responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the VP of Human Resources and key business leaders to create and roll out a variety of curriculum; new hire, salon and spa focused training, leadership, management, skills training and brand immersion programs.
- Develop and deliver a professional development curriculum for senior operations and corporate employees.
- Create print and social media training material for new hire on-boarding for a decentralized business model; work with business leaders to roll out an updated and digital orientation program to be used at all offices and locations.
- Partner with the executive team and select consultants to create professional development courses for executives and high potential leaders.
- Work with operations teams to develop training programs for store, market and regional staff.
- Roll out a brand immersion program across the organization.
- Analyze learning evaluation data and metrics to diagnose gaps, identify opportunities and implement change to ensure content is current and relevant.
- Lead design, development, implementation and sustainability of centralized learning programs, such as onboarding, brand immersion, professional, corporate and management development programs.
Director of Learning and Development Manager requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Education, Curriculum Design, or relevant field.
- Certification and/or experience in curriculum development or relevant field is preferred.
- 5 years of progressive experience in learning and development; must include the design, development, implementation and measurement of curriculum/programs.
- Demonstrated experience as a lead or having full ownership over a project.
- Cosmetic, Salon or Beauty industry experience is required.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, prioritize and effectively execute multiple projects.
- Demonstrated experience with aligning curriculum and learning programs to competency models.
- Experience with virtual learning environments and learning management systems is preferred.