Digital Marketing Supervisor
Overland Park, KS
Our growing client is seeking a Digital Marketing Supervisor for their dynamic team. This is a Morgan Hunter exclusive and confidential search, and you will not see it posted elsewhere. Why should you apply? Because our client offers you the ability to continually grow and widen your skills so you can truly enjoy professional and personal growth, all while working with a team of highly intelligent people.
The Digital Marketing Supervisor must live and breathe all things digital such as SEO/SEM/PPC. The role requires you to be a liaison between your team, and the external agencies who work in those spaces, so possessing a strong understanding of those pieces are important. The Supervisor plays a critical role within the corporate marketing team in driving deliverables for their digital demand generation, content marketing, product marketing, channel and sales enablement initiatives. Working with a variety of internal teams and external agencies to deliver on our business objectives, the Manager also contributes to strategic and operational insights into program effectiveness – continually seeking improvement within our client's fast-moving marketplace.
In addition to displaying an exceptional understanding of these areas, this manager must possess notably strong leadership and communication skills at all levels.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Developing strategy and driving B2B marketing acquisition and engagement programs and campaigns end-to-end, including clarifying objectives, overseeing program development, executing the program across channels, and measuring impact.
- Developing and executing content marketing plans, and producing content to drive demand generation and thought leadership goals.
- Partnering closely with cross-functional teams throughout the company to drive the execution of our objectives.
The ideal candidate has:
- A proven history of managing digital and cross-channel marketing programs, including digital demand generation (marketing automation and CRM), content marketing, earned and paid digital media campaigns (web, mobile, social, search).
- Managed and worked with cross-functional teams (creative, strategy, product, technical, engineering, sales) and external agencies and vendors.
- A track record of delivering projects on time and on budget, and a proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Demonstrated a can-do attitude and ability to wear multiple hats, jumping in where needed.
- Must be able to see the big picture and grow within the position. Narrow-minded or super focused people will not thrive in this role. You can't just live and breathe one technology, but you must have the ability to adapt quickly to a wide variety of projects.
- Excellent written communication and knowledge of appropriate editorial styles and approaches for various content types (online, email, ad-copy, etc.).
- Strong interest in digital marketing and an eagerness to keep up with the latest trends and best practices, including an understanding of account-based marketing techniques and approaches.
- Bachelors Degree from an Accredited University.
- 5-8+ years of experience – Can come from the Ad Agency or a Corporate Marketing Department.
- An analytical mind is a must. The ability to project manage your own time is also important. The hiring manager gives you the tools and training but then looks to you to manage your time effectively. They aren’ t going to babysit you.
- PPC, SEO, and SEM experience are key.
- Must have strong attention to detail, and be focused on quality work.
- Need to be able to work in a wide bandwidth. The current person is too narrow in their skills, and they are uncomfortable expanding into other areas of digital marketing.
- This person will also work with blogs and some content creation as needed.
- This person HAS to be a self-starter who doesn’ t have to be watched closely by the manager every single day.
- Ability to work with offsite vendors, so strong written and verbal communication skills are key.
- The desire to become an SEO and PPC expert – our client works with online and brick and mortar retailers. It is all about lead generation and campaign management.