Customer Service Specialist
What does a typical day look like?
As they say, there is no typical day… but, what you can expect in this Customer Service Specialist role is a fast-paced, interactive and collaborative environment. A place where you will be an independent contributor and relied upon for your self-drive, positive attitude and flexibility to assist where your team needs you… all while you are being supported by an engaged and motivating supervisor. Lastly, you will have the opportunity to grow and progress within the department and organization.
This is a high-level customer service/account manager position that involves various analytical and detailed tasks to include:
- Processing applications for all life insurance products
- Coordinating underwriting requirements by interacting with brokers, agents, and potentially outside medical vendors, and underwriters, including client medical exams, financial records, and motor vehicle reports.
- Gathering and coordinating additional requirements and forms needed.
- Processing required state forms and policy requirements.
- Providing excellent day-to-day customer service over the phone, in person, or via email.
- Responsible for ensuring high quality and accuracy in completing and processing cases.
- Associates, or Bachelor’ s degree preferred, or equivalent years of related insurance/financial services experience
- Minimum 3+ years of customer service experience required
- The ideal candidate should have customer service and administrative experience (i.E., life insurance, retail, banking, real-estate)
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to multitask