Kansas City, MO
- Manage the collection and overall credit risk for a portfolio of accounts; servicing the account with required documentation and customer contact to ensure timely payment of A/R balances.
- Maintain internal controls and procedures for the assurance of GAAP, and segregation of responsibilities.
- Work with Sales Managers and Customer Service to resolve customer problems that affect short/over or non-payment as per invoiced.
- Perform customer account reconciliations.
- Evaluate credit applications using D&B and financial statement analysis and assign appropriate credit limits.
- Complete annual credit reviews through scoring models and financial statement analysis for existing customers.
- Participate in special projects and team goals as required.
- Participate in other tasks / projects as assigned or designated by manager.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or similar educational background preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant credit and collection experience desired.
- Sound understanding of accounting practices and processes.
- Previous ERP system experience
- High energy, confident, and effective communicator in both written and verbal communications.
- Strong conceptual problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to adapt to change and work in a team-based environment.