Our client, a leading manufacturing company in the Wichita, KS. Area is hiring a Controller. This individual will support the Business Unit and Operation Managers in driving improvement in performance of all manufacturing operations through: maintaining and monitoring internal controls, tracking inventory and optimization, ensuring all material transactions are in accordance with GAAP, preparing cost and variance analysis, reporting Key Performance Indicators, meeting financial reporting requirements for management and statutory purposes, costing new parts, and participating in Annual Budget process.
- Prepare & coordinate month-end results of operating location and communicate this information within deadlines to upper level management.
- Lead the preparation of the annual budget and monthly forecasts of operating costs, review budget/forecast proposals, challenge budget/forecast assumptions and prepare necessary supporting documents.
- Review the results of the annual product standard cost update process to ensure consistency in approach between locations, compliance with company policy and accuracy of resulting standards.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory levels reported monthly on reported roll forwards; challenge inventory levels to keep at optimal, also count results when necessary.
- Review G/L journal entries to ensure that they are adequately supported by documentation and analysis. Review and reconcile G/L balance sheet accounts.
- Validate operational savings projects cost savings monthly and prepare relevant financial slide.
- Participate in the analysis, review, approval and cost control of all Capital expenditure projects
- Ensure that all plant financial and business processes are in compliance with Corporate Policies and Procedures.
- Effectively communicate with people from all levels of the organization
- Ability to lead/supervise a team in an effective manner
- Strong problem solving, analytical and reporting skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Excel. Access and other data analysis and reporting tools are beneficial. Knowledge of ERP systems.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field. Master degree, CPA or CMA a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in Finance and Accounting, preferably in a Manufacturing environment.
Job Type: Full-time