Kansas City, MO
Reporting to the company President, you will be responsible for the overall financial administration of the company, including but not limited to timely and accurate financial reporting, oversight and control for accounting transactions, all aspects of month end and year end close, accounting reconciliations, cost accounting, financial reporting, business planning and analysis, and overall planning and management of cash requirements.
- Manages the operations of the Accounting Department, and insures organizational structure supports the achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
- Oversees all aspects and accuracy of timely month-end close, including preparation of group reporting package for parent company.
- Prepares financial reports, and departmental expense and other provide analysis as needed.
- Reviews company financial performance with management on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining standard costs and cost rollups for all inventory items as needed.
- Responsible for financial planning and analysis function including company financial and departmental budgets, capital expenditure plan and cash requirements planning.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable government regulations, including filing and/or maintaining of required forms, payroll taxes and deposits, income taxes, etc.
- Oversees accounting system and control systems that verify the integrity of all transactions, systems, processes and data. Develops and implements new policies and procedures as required.
- Responsible for cash management and reporting.
- Primary contact with outside financial contacts (banks, insurance brokers, auditors, etc.)
- Direct management of accounting team. Responsible for recruiting, training, staff assessment and development.
Required Experience & Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Accounting, plus a minimum of 10 years related accounting and management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- System implementation and SAP a plus
- Must have strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and IFRS accounting principles and the application in a commercial enterprise.
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Preferred Skill and Experience:
- 3 or more years of business experience working with large customer projects
- Experience reviewing and supporting negotiating financial terms in contracts
- Leadership experience with ERP implementation
- Leadership experiences in a hands-on/entrepreneurial environment