Kansas City, KS
Education: Bachelor’ s degree or Master’ s degree in Accounting/Business.
Experience/Skills/Abilities: 5-8 years of experience in all functions of accounting and experience in supervising personnel. Emphasis in Cost Accounting and exposure to all areas of tax. Proficiency in Microsoft Office would be preferable.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cost Accounting / Inventory
- Oversee the inventory control functions, including cycle count procedures and physical inventory observations.
- Establish and maintain the procedures for preparing bills of material and routings needed to value finished goods inventory.
- Ensure all inventory is properly valued.
- Tax Compliance and State Reporting
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns.
- Work with outside tax advisors and utilize other resources to stay informed of possible non-aggressive tax strategies that the Company can utilize to reduce taxes or receive credits.
- Financial Reporting
- Supervise, coordinate, and prepare month-end activities for the corporate books.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and management reports for review with the CFO and the Controller.
- Perform analytical reviews of balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Coordinate preparation of external audit PBC schedules and assist outside auditor during annual audit.
- Lean Enterprise
- Establish and utilize frameworks and systems, including tools such as visual management, problem solving, standard work and kaizen.
- Adheres to and promotes the HR Pledge
- Ability to cooperate and commit in a team environment to achieve goals and deliverables
- Resolve difficult or complicated challenges using the problem-solving process
- Actively embrace our core principals using courage, humility and kazien
Position is responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of several members of the Finance Department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Analytical— the individual synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem solving— the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Delegation— the individual delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Leadership— the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others.
- Management skills— the individual includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self-available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth.
- Judgment— the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing— the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Computer skills – the individual must possess an intimate knowledge of the information system as it relates to Finance, as well as be proficient with Microsoft Office products.
Travel required: As needed up to 10%.