Certified Financial Planner
Overland Park, KS
Certified Financial Planner
This is a professional position that will initially support the firm’ s two Partners directly in managing existing and new client relationships. You will be expected to assist in various projects including portfolio reviews and preparing financial projections using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and MoneyGuidePro financial planning software. Thorough computer skills are essential, with a particularly strong understanding of Excel. A working knowledge of portfolio allocation, investment management, and general financial planning is expected. The Partners are available to provide mentoring and big picture direction, but you must have the ability to utilize critical thinking skills, work independently, and anticipate firm needs and client questions.
Initial areas of responsibility:
- Assist Partners in preparing for and conducting client meetings and regularly monitor clients’ financial situations with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Involvement in all aspects of pre-client meeting activities such as gathering data, preparing agendas, and assisting with client paperwork and asset allocations. You will also be responsible for post-client meeting activities, such as developing meeting summaries, performing financial situation analyses, and coordinating planning implementation with outside professionals.
- Work with MoneyGuidePro, Tamarac Rebalancer, SalesForce CRM, eMoney, Black Diamond, etc.
- Interact with clients over the phone and in-person
Potential Future Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist with trading and rebalancing client investment accounts.
- Deliver multidisciplinary financial planning advice for high net-worth clientele independently.
- Develop and manage ongoing client relationships independently.
- Present Financial Planning group education sessions
- Delegate appropriate tasks to supporting team members
- Provide input on strategic plan and overall direction of the firm
- Organized, with a strong attention to detail.
- A. Or B.S. Degree from a CFP Board Registered Program.
- Strong Financial and analytical skills.
- Strong persuasive and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify, meet, and follow through with client needs and requirements.
- Must be a self-starter, problem solver, and a goal-oriented team player with a “ no job is beneath me” attitude.
- Ability to work independently and keep Partners aware of progress and challenges.
- Show curiosity and confidence when dealing with clients and Partners.
- Qualifies for the CFP Board apprenticeship two-year work experience requirement
- Competitive salary with performance-based pay program
- SIMPLE IRA with Company Match
- Group Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Professional development budget for CEs, conferences, and training
- Paid professional dues
- Mentorship and learning opportunities
- First class, cutting-edge, office space