Kansas City, MO
Morgan Hunter is one of the largest and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Benefits Specialist. This position is responsible for the delivery and administration of the organization’ s benefits programs, processes and policies in accordance with the company’ s objectives and strategy. This is a hands-on-position that will report to the Senior Director of Human Resources and work closely with the company’ s HR departments to ensure all benefit programs are effectively communicated, managed and implemented.
Benefits Specialist responsibilities include:
- Oversee and manage all the organization’ s benefit programs such as Medical and Dental plans; Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution Retirement plans; HSA, HRA, Flex Spending plans; Life Insurance; Accidental Death & Dismemberment plans; Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability plans and 401(k) plans.
- Act as liaison with various insurance carriers and foster effective relationships with client representatives; review benefit contracts, legal documents, government forms, policies, regulations, and laws to ensure legal compliance for benefit plans.
- Serve as first point of contact for employees with questions or concerns regarding their benefits; resolve routine benefit plan problems and clarifies benefit plan eligibility, benefit levels, and administrative procedures.
- Review vendor invoices and administer benefit plan billing.
- Compile and coordinate data and Schedule A’ s for annual Form 5500 filings.
- Assist in preparing Summary Plan Descriptions.
- Coordinate all aspects of the annual open enrollment of benefits and conduct new employee benefits orientations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions.
- Administer leave programs and prepare and track Affordable Care Act (ACA) reports and support distribution of 1094/1095 reporting.
- Coordinate wellness initiatives.
- Assist in evaluating job positions for classification, status and salary requirements and conduct analysis of the job market and relevant pay surveys.
Benefits Specialist requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field.
- 3 years of experience in benefits administration.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of FMLA laws, LTD, child support, benefit enrollment, ADA, DOL, EEOC, and all other federal and state laws governing the workplace.
- Proficient in utilizing Excel, Word, and other MS Office products.