Overland Park, KS
- Direct the month-end close process and internal monthly reporting for the multiple Ascend business units.
- Ensure accuracy of financial results through review of journal entries, account reconciliations, and month-end reporting package.
- Lead the monthly profit and loss review meetings with Accounting and Finance leadership for all domestic Ascend business units.
- Oversee all aspects of the computerized accounting system, working directly with IT management on maintenance, enhancements, capital budget adherence, and handling integration issues impacting financial transactions or reporting.
- Manage the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual consolidated financial statements and debt covenant compliance calculation, and the preparation of the annual consolidated financial statement report for annual audit.
- Assist with integration of acquisitions onto accounting platform.
- Manage the business, goodwill, and trade name valuations, with the external specialists and preparing internal valuation models.
- Supervise a team of multiple degreed professionals including CPAs
- Develop team’ s financial reporting and accounting skills through training and exposure to various accounting duties, special projects, and ad hoc requests
- Facilitate intra-departmental cross-training across the team
- Ensure compliance with all accounting policy and procedures in compliance with GAAP
- Experience in a fast moving, frequently changing organization where it was necessary to critically prioritize tasks while demonstrating a sense of urgency to ensure deadlines were met
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA and/or Master's degree is preferred
- 10 years of relevant accounting experience; Assistant Controller experience is preferred
- Five years of managerial experience