Overland Park, KS
Morgan Hunter is partnered with a professional services firm located in the Johnson County Area that is looking for an Assistant Controller. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the financial reporting and corporate accounting functions. The Assistant Controller will be responsible for overseeing a large team and will work closely with the Controller & Chief Financial Officer. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of ten years of experience, CPA, and Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. The company offers a competitive salary, generous benefits, and career growth opportunities.
- Maintain the general ledger, prepare analytics to explain variance, and present monthly financial results.
- Partner with the finance team to ensure accuracy of data and assist with budgeting and forecasting.
- Own the monthly financial reporting process and partner with external auditors to support annual audits.
- Prepare accrual-basis financial statements for tax return purposes. Partner with the CFO and Tax Manager to ensure consistency and documentation.
- Review and update accounting policies. Implement best practice processes.
- Manage the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts and cash reconciliations. Ensure all reconciling items are resolved in a timely matter.
- Build a monthly, quarterly, and annual calendar to manage deliverables to the team
- Spearhead projects and provide updates on project progress.
- Oversee the organization of the financial services files and maintain financial information.
- Manage and mentor a team of accountants
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of ten years of experience
- Previous experience in public accounting
- Financial reporting knowledge
- Previous experience with budgeting is a plus
- Previous experience managing projects and process improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outstanding organizational skills