Overland Park, KS
The Assistant Controller will be a sharp, detail oriented, focused and driven individual looking to add value to a growing accounting department.
This position will have an active role in assisting with the audit, monthly reporting and analysis, ad hoc reporting, budgeting, forecasting and projections. This role will be required to fill in for department leadership from time to time and will need to be up to date on all department functions.
- Assist with month-end close; prepares and posts journal entries as needed.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Prepare account analysis and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with monthly, quarterly and annual compliance and tax filings;
- Support all functional areas of the accounting and HR department
- Assist in budget & forecasting, develop tools for improving the forecasting variance reporting process
- Evaluate profit and cost efficiencies in various areas of the organization as needed
- Reconcile corporate Amex, record charges to accounting software, track receipts from card holder
- Develop, maintain, and distribute ad-hoc reports and financial models as needed
- Other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance - ***background in insurance or financial services is a huge plus!
- 4+ years of high level accounting experience required
- CPA certification a must
- Financial auditing experience required
- Experience in publishing or media industry not required, but a plus
- High working knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel)
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects as well as strong follow through skills
- Ability to complete projects timely and accurately critical
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work well with others and independently in fast a paced environment
An opportunity to join a company who's looking to continue great local growth.
Offer would be $70, 000 - $85, 000 with bonus, fantastic benefits and amazing company culture!