Account Payable Specialist
Kansas City, MO
Accounts Payable Specialist
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents.
- Update and maintain vendor and customer database in accordance with proper approval and document review.
- Prepare and process vendor payments.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Apply cash payments.
- Maintain collection log of past due customers.
- Willing and able to make collection calls.
- Maintenance and monitoring of the General ledger accounts associated with AR and AP.
- Special projects as assigned.
- May assist with others functions as needed or directed.
Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school graduate or GED, college experience preferred.
- 10 key experience.
- Typing and 10 key abilities.
- Prior experience in AR and AP preferred.
- Must have basic clerical skills, technical ability and ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Ability to prioritize and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Perform tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
- Investigates questionable data.