Account Manager - Property & Casualty
Kansas City, MO
The Account Manager is responsible for providing sales support at the direction of the Department Manager. The Account Manager provides customer service by handling the day to day operations of clients' insurance needs. The Account Manager will work with the Producer to design proper insurance and risk management services for clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops complete client information and applications for new and renewal business under the direction of the Department Manager.
- Identifies and requests renewal exposures.
- Guides clients through the renewal process and submits requests to carriers according to the renewal process timetable, follows up with carrier underwriters and completes the appropriate renewal per Agency procedures.
- Reviews experience modifiers.
- Processes change requests/endorsements, binders, certificates, account summaries, proposals, policies, lost policy releases, audit, and account balance status when requested.
- Ensures that these items are given to client in a timely manner.
- Initiates appropriate correspondence with carriers and clients.
- Responds to requests from clients and insurance companies.
- Maintains files with proper records according to company procedures.
- Maintains good internal file audit results.
- Assists in the development of strong business relationships with appropriate insurance carrier personnel.
- Recognizes and satisfies carrier goals and objectives in order to enhance business relationships.
- Follows company procedures with respect to all essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
- Ensures accuracy of account information for both new and renewal policies, endorsements, and audits for accuracy in rating, coverage, signatures, and enters these transactions to generate billing invoices in a timely manner.
- Reviews all premium audits according to Agency procedures recognizing that the Agency must process in a timely manner.
- Determines reasons for requests for cancellation and follows cancellation procedures accordingly.
- Refers current and prospective clients to other Agency departments for solicitation of other lines of business.
- Participates in required continuing professional development.
- 3-5+ years experience with P&C account management experience. Experience with Medical Malpractice is preferred. Prior experience in D&O, E&O, EPL, Fiduciary Liability is a strong plus
- Possesses Property & Casualty Licenses or has the ability to become licensed within first 60-90 days (company paid)
- Prior insurance designations preferred but not required
- Charismatic personality with the ability to think outside of the box and for themselves
- Strong problem solving skills - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Communicates changes and progress;
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations;
- Responds promptly to customer needs
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service
- Team player with the ability to balances team and individual responsibilities
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.