Overland Park, KS
Overland Park CPA Firm is growing their tax planning and preparation, providing a wide array of traditional and specialized services in tax, bookkeeping and estate planning tailored to individuals and small businesses to mid-sized businesses in various industries locally and nationally. As a Senior Tax Accountant with their firm, you will be an integral part of their tax team. You will be responsible for the preparation of tax returns within various types of entities and industries. In addition, you will work closely with their team to identify and implement tax planning and training opportunities.
- Preparation of partnerships, corporations, S-corporations, trusts and individual income tax returns.
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team helping to provide industry knowledge and experience.
- Provide timely, high quality client services that meet or exceed client expectations.
- Work with the tax team to ensure the various components of the tax process are preformed-including preparing, organizing and maintaining engagement work papers and files, tax planning and quarterly estimates with direct client interaction.
- Research of basic tax and accounting issues, in addition to determining alternative solutions.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting required.
- Three or more years of public accounting experience in preparing individual and business flow through entity tax returns.
- Certified Public Accountant, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate complex information.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office/Excel/Word and a working knowledge of QuickBooks.