Kansas City, MO
Morgan Hunter is looking for a Senior Accountant seeking to work for a SPECIAL company experiencing TREMENDOUS GROWTH, this client is located in the Downtown area of the metro.
Range $50-$60k + bonus
Growing Organization- promote from within
They have a great work life balance - business causal atmosphere
• Maintain complete and accurate financial records in compliance with GAAP.
• Participate in the preparation and review of monthly financial statements, general ledger account reconciliations, and journal entries.
• Review contracts for accounting implications of land transactions and prepare or review the schedule used to track land transactions.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual flux analyses.
• Review, investigate and resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities as they arise.
• Develop relationships across the organization to facilitate information sharing and proper accounting for transactions.
• Familiarize oneself with the company’ s legal entities and overall business.
• GAAP familiarity, in-depth and current
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and convey thoughts clearly, logically and concisely both orally and in writing
• Exceptional productivity skills and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
• Computer literate, including full suite of MS Office applications
• Well-developed leadership and management skills
• Ability to maintain composure and presence of mind under pressure
• Strong work ethic and a reputation for integrity and mature business judgment
• A confident self-starter with little need for close management supervision and direction
• A “ hands-on” team player
• Ability to interface with all levels of personnel in an informal operating environment
• Ability to maintain workplace confidentiality and take ownership/accountability for own actions and aspects of the job
• Knowledge of auditing practices and principles