Social Media Coordinator
Kansas City, MO
Social Media Coordinator
Morgan Hunter has recently partnered with a new client that’ s in aggressive growth mode. As such, they are looking for a talented and energetic social media coordinator to help execute strategic and effective marketing plans for their clients. Our client needs help implementing many of the tactics and marketing strategies so our clients can truly find their own identity
- Craft social media content for a variety of clients and online platforms.
- Write compelling posts and tweets that contribute to the overall marketing plan for each client.
- Create images and videos to increase viewership.
- Implement client-specific social media strategies across all appropriate social media platforms.
- Develop an optimal posting schedule based in part on Web traffic and engagement trends.
- Work cross functionally with other team members to coordinate content to maximize exposure.
- Research client industries and competition to help drive strategy.
- Understand and stay up-to-date with emerging social media technologies.
- Research audience demographics and preferences to help guide strategy.
- Maintain and oversee the layout and visual elements of each social account.
- Track and measure web traffic and social media analytics, and create a monthly report for the client.
- Report on online reviews and feedback from customers and followers.
- Contribute strategy ideas based on best practices and trends.
- Bachelor’ s degree in journalism, public relations, communications, advertising or marketing.
- 2+ years of general business experience working in a professional or corporate environment is preferred.
- Prior ad agency experience (even internships) is a plus.
- Proven work experience in a social media role.
- Proficient with social media platforms.
- Ability to grasp emerging trends in digital technology and adapt appropriately.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and Illustrator).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with public relations strategy and tactics.
- Exceptional skill in writing and proofreading.
- Highly skilled in research practices and instinctively know where to access information online.
- A self-starter (proactive versus reactive in style).
- Able to effectively manage projects by possessing a sense of urgency and use of best practices in meeting project deadlines.
- Strong professional interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment while working independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing start-up work environment.