Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City Metro. Morgan Hunter specializes in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking an experienced and skillful Purchasing Clerk/Coordinator. In this role you will be responsible for planning and procurement, meeting production and sales goals, in addition to preparation and distribution of purchase orders, and fulfilling customer orders. Ordering of materials, supplies, and/or equipment, and timely follow-through with shipments and deliveries is key!
- Work closely with Sales Division to develop a keen understanding of inventory requirements and maintain a cohesive team environment
- Review inventory levels, make recommendations on frequency and order quantity based on data spectrum, maintain spreadsheets and other data tools
- Process requisitions to create purchase orders according to procedure and distribute appropriately
- Regularly communicate with vendors for order status, product pricing, etc.
- Timely follow-up on orders, assuring materials are shipped and delivered to customers as agreed
- Coordinate with vendors to guarantee correct order pricing
- Work closely with warehouse and accounting teams to resolve receiving error issues
- Cycle count and inventory reconciliation coordination
- 1-3 years of purchasing experience
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience working with ERP or MRP systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel
- Excellent recognition of and maintenance of priorities
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Superb verbal and written communications
- Accuracy, strict attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong data analysis, problem solving skills and mathematical ability
About Morgan Hunter
The Administrative Division at Morgan Hunter specializes in Direct Hire, Temporary and Temp-to-Hire placements. Our clients come from a wide variety of industries and range from the Fortune 500 to small businesses. Visit morganhunter.Com today for more information on how we can help your business or your job search.