Kansas City, MO
Our client is seeking an Engineering Project Manager to join their team. The position requires solid electrical engineering skills (will consider mechanical engineers as well), working knowledge of physical design and manufacturing technology and process. The ideal candidate will have the experience and acumen to lead and manage projects across their various divisions.
Why our client?
Our client offers a fantastic work culture and is a growing company. They offer the ability for their project managers to be seen by executive leadership for maximum career visibility. You will also find them to be a truly great place to work and you’ ll be surrounded by highly intelligent people such as yourself.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Set and communicate project expectations to various team members and corporate stakeholders
- Identify and resolve issues and communicate with the team on coordination
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate project management tools
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Analyzes performance and troubleshoots problem areas throughout the project life cycle. Utilize test results and recommend any product changes
- Conduct project analysis and create recommendation reports in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project steps
- Creates summary and trend reports of project and product quality items
- Uses company project management tools for execution and reporting
- Be highly conscious of target cost and performance product specifications and manage projects to fulfill them as closely as possible
- Be accountable for project development budgets, timelines, quality, and adherence to product and business requirements
- Ensure a positive working environment with the international design team based in Hong Kong
- Effectively assess designs through testing and evaluation in order to make appropriate recommendations regarding product improvements
- Reports status to the executive team and drives the executive to make major business impacting decisions, as necessary, in the execution of projects.
- Interfaces with external suppliers, service partners and manufacturers while managing projects.
- A leader and proactive by nature
- Demonstrated ability to learn tools and technology quickly
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and react well under pressure
- Working knowledge of classic Waterfall or Gate process and agile development process
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Electrical (preferred) or Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5+ years of hands-on project management
- PMP Certification a plus but not required
- Ability to travel internationally 15% to visit factories during production runs to ensure quality products are being made
Who Should Apply?
Our client is only considering USA based candidates and relocation is not offered at this time. Must be authorized to work in the USA with no restrictions to be considered.