Kansas City, KS
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client has an immediate opening for a Payroll Manager. The Payroll Manager will oversee and direct all aspects of the payroll process ensuring timely, accurate and effective processing of payroll disbursements for all employees in multiple states.
Payroll Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and coordinate the payroll process, policies and procedures.
- Maintain current knowledge and ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal tax, wage and hour laws and requirements.
- Prepare periodic reports for management.
- Ensure accurate payroll tax filings and deposits.
- Point of contact for questions and requests from outside parties; facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure all team member payroll and benefit related matters are accurately and timely handled and continuous improvement in payroll processes is achieved.
- Process child support orders, wage garnishment requirements, state and federal tax levies.
- Work closely with the rest of the Finance department to track labor for budgeting, cost reports for separate locations, balance payroll accounts and resolve discrepancies that may require journal entries.
Payroll Manager Requirements Include:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred or a combination of education and work experience.
- Five years payroll experience in a multi-state environment.
- Multi-site experience is preferred.
- ADP experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable state and federal payroll and related tax regulations, legislation and guidelines including, but not limited to: writs of garnishment, child support, levies, subpoenas, non-resident alien and U.S. Tax treaties.
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, Word, and other computer applications.