The Payroll Specialist is responsible for full-cycle payroll functions, ensuring the efficient tracking of time and attendance, the timely and accurate delivery of payroll, exceptional client service, and day-to-day administrative support. This position is responsible for accurate recordkeeping, reporting, and data entry into the payroll system. The Payroll Specialist exercises individual judgment and the utmost discretion when managing sensitive and confidential matters such as payroll and organizational changes.
- Process union and non-union payroll on a semi-monthly and weekly basis.
- Prepare and reconcile time and attendance records while consistently meeting strict payroll processing deadlines.
- Ensure appropriate approvals have been obtained for all bonus and supplemental payroll submissions.
- Track and audit benefit accruals, ACA hours reporting and overtime hours.
- Assist with quarterly and annual department and company audits.
- Review and reconcile quarter-end and annual payroll reports and tax filings.
- Establish and maintain personnel records, files, correspondence, and reports.
- Solid understanding of full-cycle payroll processing and payroll tax laws as demonstrated by 5+ years in a payroll capacity with 250+ employees
- Clear understanding of rules and regulations associated with FLSA, and other wage and hour laws.
- Experience processing payroll and managing time and attendance in the state of California strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Timberline strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; expresses thoughts and ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing; establishes trust and confidence quickly.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office (primarily Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Must be computer literate with the ability to learn new software applications.
- Shows initiative, good judgment, and resourcefulness.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum high school degree and 5+ years payroll experience
- Minimum 2+ years payroll experience within a construction environment
Certifications and Licenses
- CPP designations a plus