Kansas City, KS
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client has an immediate opening for a Payroll Accountant. This position will be responsible for the preparation and processing weekly payroll for up to 250 employees, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports and voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments, preparing accounting transactions and documents, documenting and updating procedures, and preparing special reports for management.
Payroll Accountant Responsibilities Include:
- Processes the payroll for union and non-union employees.
- Updates payroll system with new employee set-up information and revisions to existing employees accurately and timely.
- Generates payroll reports as required for accounting, tax, benefits and other business functions.
- Resolves all employee payroll issues - questions, comments and complaints concerning discrepancies & make adjustment to pay as required for resolution.
- Assist with bank reconciliations and reconcile general ledger payroll accounts.
- Processes and facilitate information exchange with regards to unemployment claims, disability claims, garnishments, levies and other payroll deductions.
Payroll Accountant Requirements Include:
- Minimum High School completion, Associates’ Degree in Accounting/Business Administration preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years payroll experience is required.
- Ten-key calculator accuracy and speed.
- Knowledge of general office equipment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting software, MS Office, and Payroll software.