Learning & Development Manager
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Learning and Development Manager. This position will identify training needs for the organizations employees and develop and implement training programs to meet those needs.
Learning and Development Manager Responsibilities Include:
- Plan and implement on-going and one-time organization-wide training events
- Research training opportunities, software, platforms, conferences, seminars or presenters to meet team needs.
- Assess training needs through surveys, focus groups or consulting with management.
- Manage new hire training/onboarding process ensuring all new employees receive initial education regarding the organization and the Industry; gaining a good understand of the organizations culture.
- Keep current with learning and development methods, trends and alter training as needed.
- Act as a resource to department leadership on their specific training needs.
- Develop curriculum and training as needed for topics that impact the business.
- Maintain training records of all employees.
- Evaluate needs of the organization as it grows pertaining to eLearning, Learning Management Systems and other needs that will change based on the size of the organization.
- Facilitate training for advisors when applicable.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and outside facilitators
Learning and Development Manager Requirements Include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Education, Curriculum Design, or relevant field
- Certification and/or experience in curriculum development preferred
- 5 year plus years experience within a documentation and training development/delivery or education role, additional experience may substitute for some educational requirements.
- Understanding of experience practicing adult learning theories
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary to produce and deliver quality training programs
- Knowledge of Google apps, eLearning platforms, social media platforms, Windows, PowerPoint, Word and Excel or similar programs required
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
This position is based in Topeka, KS