Labor Relations Manager
Kansas City, KS
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Labor Relations Manager. This position develops corporate labor relations objectives in support of Company policies and philosophies and directs all collective bargaining goals and objectives.
Labor Relations Manager responsibilities include:
- Establishes collective bargaining goals to achieve contract settlements that are in keeping with corporate objectives, budgetary guidelines, and accepted company and industry practices.
- Acts as the official company spokesperson in the collective bargaining process and on all other occasions where the formulation, interpretation and administration of labor relations policy and/or legislation is required.
- Establishes and monitors programs and practices to prevent union or third-party representation or intervention at non-union locations.
- Evaluates salaried and hourly compensation programs to ensure compliance with company policy and to provide for internal and external equity.
- Provides consulting services to insure employee development consistent with corporate objectives and individual timetables.
- Researches new legislation and develops policies and procedures to insure all activities within the areas of responsibilities are in compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Provides training and guidance to management to assure same. Directs efforts of outside legal counsel when situations of a complex nature exist.
Labor Relations Manager requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- Must have a minimum of 10-15 years of Labor and Employee Relations experience in a managerial capacity.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple manufacturing sites.
- Ability to travel up to 50% in position.