Human Resources Manager
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Human Resources Manager. The HR Manager will lead our performance management programs and act as the subject matter expert for internal leaders. This role will consult with leaders on employee performance, train and grow the knowledge base of leaders on HR topics, act as a trusted soundboard to leaders in tough coaching situations, conduct investigations if necessary, and lead a team of HR professionals who will ensure consistent, compliant policy application. This role also leads the employee engagement programming and other key internal people initiatives.
Human Resources Manager responsibilities include:
- Effectively manage employee relations and performance management functions; facilitate employee conversations with the intent to resolve conflicts and mitigating organizational risk.
- Ensure HR policies, procedures, and reporting are compliant with state, federal and local laws, revising employee handbook as necessary.
- Conduct timely and compliant Title VII investigations and make recommendations regarding appropriate organizational actions.
- Facilitate training and educational events that build HR knowledge in assigned areas such as performance management, document retention, HR compliance, and building productive, engaged workplaces.
- Collaborate with organizational leaders to effectively deliver on the annual performance review process, including calibration of ratings and compensation consultation.
Human Resources Manager requirements include:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience working in an HR capacity with a strong emphasis in employee relations and performance management.
- Five (5) years of human resources experience in a leadership role.
- HR Certification is preferred.