Human Resources Generalist
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Human Resources Generalist. This position is responsible for delivery of the employee relations and performance management functions of the HR team, as well as other duties that promote a productive, highly-engaged workforce. This role will serve as primary point of contact to resolve employee conflicts, conduct Title VII investigations, work with leaders to facilitate performance related conversations, manage the annual performance process, and deliver HR training that ensures consistent, compliant policy application.
Human Resources Generalist responsibilities include:
- Conduct timely and compliant Title VII investigations and make recommendations regarding appropriate organizational action.
- Facilitate employee conversations with the intent to resolve conflicts and mitigate organizational risk.
- Advise leaders at all points of the performance management cycle and engage to the degree necessary to ensure effective outcomes.
- Process unemployment claims and represent the organization in the appeals process.
- Conduct timely and effective exit interviews for use in positive organizational change.
- Collaborate with organizational leaders to effectively deliver on the annual performance review process, including calibration of ratings and compensation consultation.
- Support the delivery and action planning associated with annual engagement surveys.
- Facilitate training and educational events that build HR knowledge in assigned areas, such as performance management, document retention, HR compliance, and building productive, engaged workplaces.
- Collaborate with the Employee Development team to identify, develop and facilitate programs that enhance employee performance.
- Work with other HR functional areas to compile relevant HR metrics, assess patterns, and identify appropriate action plans.
Human Resources Generalist requirements include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management or related field, required.
- 5 or more years of experience working in an HR Generalist capacity with strong emphasis in employee relations management, required.
- PHR or SPHR certification, strongly preferred.
- Experience with ADP, preferred.
- Strong compliance knowledge across multiple HR functions.
- Ability to apply federal, state and local regulations to daily HR operations.
- Demonstrate excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to de-escalate tension and effectively deliver difficult conversations.
- Strong working knowledge of HRIS systems, including reports and data mining.