Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Human Resources Manager. The HR Manager has responsibility for Compensation & Benefits, Recruiting, Employee Relations, Compliance, and Learning & Development and participates on management teams. This position is located in the Topeka, KS area.
Human Resources Manager responsibilities include:
- Participate as member of senior management team at the manufacturing plant and headquarters.
- Work with plant management to control labor utilization and staffing levels.
- Oversee compensation program to include: administration of annual review process, hourly pay grade administration, and compensation benchmarking.
- Work with managers to improve leadership skills and performance management. In conjunction with area managers identify continuous improvement and lean manufacturing opportunities.
- Manage recruiting process for hourly and salaried employees to attract, on-board, and retain talented employees. Develop communication, recognition, and employee involvement programs to increase employee engagement.
- Manage self-funded and fully insured benefit plans including negotiating renewals, plan review, and legal compliance. Develop strategies to control and/or improve costs while maintaining a competitive benefits plan.
- Manage workers compensation insurance, light duty, and return to work programs. Participate in safety activities within the plant.
- Maintain current working knowledge of employment law in various states of operation. Develop and manage company policies to comply with changes in federal and/or state employment law. Implement global corporate policy as directed by Corporate HR. Lead investigations and recommend actions.
Human Resources Manager requirements include:
- Bachelor s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- A minimum of 8 years progressive related work experience.
- HR experience within the manufacturing environment preferred.
- Managerial/supervisory experience preferred.
- SPHR/GPHR Certification preferred.