Kansas City, MO
Responsible for handling the fundamental aspects of a firm's financial recordkeeping, including recording financial transactions, managing accounts payable and receivable, reconciling bank statements, and completing annual tax forms.
- Receives, approves, and, when necessary, investigates client's accounts payable invoices.
- Codes payables for accounts payable clerks to input.
- Communicates (both in verbal and written form) with clients, client suppliers, vendors, and banking contacts.
- Keeps track of client assets.
- Prepares appropriate schedules and reports as requested by clients and partners.
- Deposits accounts receivables into client bank accounts.
- Handles client payroll.
- Receives, reviews, and posts broker statements.
- Assists accountants on tax return preparation.
- Generates 1099's and W-2's for clients.
- Monthly bank statement reconciliations
- General Ledger transactions for fixed assets, depreciation, etc.
- Month end close duties
- Coordinating new vendor setup
- Minimum of two years responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions and payroll returns.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English.
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Prior experience in Business Management preferred.
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to maintain a professional demeanor in a fast paced environment