Financial Reporting Manager
Overland Park, KS
Our client is currently searching for a Financial Reporting Manager for it's manufacturing facility located in the Overland Park Area. The Financial Reporting Manager will partner with the local plant operations team and corporate management to effectively manage and control the manufacturing facility. The Financial Reporting Manager will also lead the plant accounting staff and manage finance functions including general accounting, cost accounting, fixed assets, business analysis, internal controls, forecasting, inventory control, & financial reporting.
- Lead accounting staff.
- Analyze and accurately report current month's financial results to the plant and corporate management in accordance with corporate format and within time requirements.
- Maintain general ledger and related general accounting processes.
- Manage month, quarter and year end closing activities - preparing and posting journal entries, reviewing manufacturing expenses, completing account reconciliations.
- Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain book to physical adjustments.
- Document processes and implement standard work within plant.
- Team with plant controller colleagues to drive standard work across the plants.
- Develop forecasts and budgets.
- Document and understand ERP/MRP systems.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or MBA a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience, with significant experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP required.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office with expert level Excel.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Action oriented - enjoys working towards goals/deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to work within a team or independently.