Director of Marketing Communications
Kansas City, MO
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City Metro. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Are you seeking a growing company where you can expand your already dynamic career? Our client is seeking a Director of Marketing Communications for their KC Metro office. Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial and unstructured environment and love change? If so, this role is for you. The ideal candidate will lead regional and corporate marketing programs to drive leads and business through digital marketing, direct mail, strategic communications, and other forms of outbound marketing efforts.
- The Director will be responsible for developing, implementing and analyzing customer engagement strategies and KPIs for our products and services. This will involve the ability to develop and deploy scalable marketing and digitally focused omni channel strategies to drive participant engagement leading to increased retail relationships.
- Ideal candidate will have some understanding of the financial services industry, including market expectations, products, services and distribution channels. The position will partner closely with corporate business teams to deliver results and positive outcomes for our customers.
- You will lead the strategic customer engagement programs increasing retention and cross product penetration through the development of experiences, complimented by integrated multi-channel communications. Link the long-term business strategy around driving more retail relationships from our customer base.
- Adjust implementation strategies through functional and behavioral insights to maximize impact. Lead campaign performance metrics inclusive of ongoing monitoring and optimizing campaigns.
- Accountable for the accuracy, timeliness and effectiveness of the marketing deliverables developed under their direction.
- Continually looks to improve the process and procedures to maximize Marketing’ s effectiveness on the business. Identifies best practices, celebrates success and models change.
- Communicates comfortably cross functionally with all levels of the organization.
- We want a tactical strategist, a critical analytical thinker who helps identify challenges and opportunities, shapes marketing strategies, generates ideas and guides tactical efforts, but who is also not afraid to roll up their sleeves and execute.
- Effectively prioritize marketing projects and efforts for maximum productivity and impact to the business by all members of your team.
- Partner with multiple internal departments and external vendors to collaboratively lead the development of a variety of marketing communications projects including; product launches, marketing expansions and new prospecting and CRM efforts.
- Be a true mentor to team members in order to improve skills, experience and overall performance.
- 10+ years of experience in a marketing department or the account management department of an advertising agency. MBA is a plus.
- Possess rock solid marketing and customer engagement experience in a digitally enabled business.
- Highly effective strategic planner, taking ideas from concept to successful implementation. You are truly a tactical strategist.
- Rock solid analytical capabilities including use of applications to mine the data and make sound recommendations.
- Proven ability to manage large scale and high-volume projects.
- You are truly a leader/mentor who can lead by example. In our organization we wear multiple hats, and everyone has a hands-on approach to our success. You should be a strong advocate of teamwork, performance excellence and continuous improvement.
- Strong business acumen and a functional knowledge of financial services and digital customer engagement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. You can communicate within all levels of an organization.
- Able to influence without authority to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, lead and execute projects.
- Strategic and analytical thinker who can identify challenges, define objectives, plan an effective strategy, and then execute the required marketing tactics.
- Ability to multi-task and proactively managing projects of varying types and sizes to meet the defined objectives and strategies, on time and on budget.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team, yet be comfortable running a project independently.
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Managing relationships with outside vendor partners (digital agencies, web design firms, etc.), including project briefings, scopes of work, project management and assessment of work created.
- PPC/SEO/SEM experience.
- UX Design experience is a huge plus but not required.
PLEASE NOTE: NO OUT OF STATE APPLICANTS AS THE CLIENT IS ONLY CONSIDERING LOCAL CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME. THANK YOU!