Overland Park, KS
A multi-million dollar, manufacturer needs top talent! The Cost Analyst will lead full scale cost accounting for the US as well as outside locations including standard costing, inventory reporting, controls testing, etc. Also, the Cost Analyst will support the leadership of the business unit through owning - driving cost reductions / process improvements, and profitability analysis. Competitive compensation, tremendous advancement opportunities, 401k, paid vacation, etc.!
COST ANALYST RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the annual process for setting standard costs
- Assist with product line profitability analysis.
- Coordinate the physical inventories.
- Analyze and review bills of material to ensure accurate product costing.
- Prepare and review product cost estimates.
- Support and participate in Lean initiatives.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis to support senior management.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting or Finance and/or MBA
- Minimum of 1 PLUS year of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent proven Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in a process-focused manufacturing organization
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements in a manufacturing
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills to gather, analyze, and present
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and follow up skills
- Proactive, independent, detail-oriented, and a team player
- Experience with Microsoft Word