Overland Park, KS
We are currently recruiting for a Cost Accountant with experience in the manufacturing field. The right candidate will be responsible for preparing, analyzing and reporting gross margin analysis. This candidate will have experience dealing with customers including quoting, order processing and tracking delivery and quality performance.
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, and analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward.
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories
- Analyze and monitor raw material inventory
- Maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls
- Compare actual costs to estimates and analyze variances
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory liability accounts by product group by customer.
- Review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses and profitability.
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules tax schedules and others.
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory, gross margin schedules to management.
- Analyze, compare and interpret detailed and defined information
- Assist in identification of and preparation for parts to be sent out for quotation
- Execute material quotation process, as needed, by gathering and analyzing cost data
- Review all labor, material and NRE estimates and rate structures for each bid
- Maintain customer’ s orders to ensure correct order and invoicing via EDI system
- Identify any transmission errors to clear orders
- Participate in customer discussions as required
- Serve as point of contact for activities in area of responsibility
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting preferred.
- Requires 1-5 years of experience.
- Prior experience in manufacturing environment or other area involving reading and understanding production
- Drawings and bills of material a plus.
- Experience with accounting software and database management techniques and tools
- Proficient in MS office tools