**ONLY LOCAL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED**
Our client is looking for an experienced copywriter to join their creative team. The copywriter will be responsible for developing strategic content/copy for a variety of mediums (print, broadcast, direct mail, digital and others) within their clients branding standards. This person will ensure copy/concepts serve the purpose of selling their clients product/service/image in accordance to a strategic creative plan. As a copywriter, you re in the business of creating ideas through the written word. Your creative thinking will help drive the look and sound of their clients presence in the marketplace.
Areas of Responsibility
- Writing short and long format, from collateral, direct mail to broadcast and for the Web.
- Generate ideas that communicate well across all media, particularly direct response, web and new media. You must understand the nuances between writing a compelling direct response piece, a hard-selling business letter, a cohesive ad campaign or a TV/radio script. Must have the ability to bring interest to each of these, and make your writing matter
- Ability to communicate compelling information in an interesting way.
- Function as the primary voice of the campaign so its important to be a well-spoken, and an effective communicator
- Ability to craft persuasive messaging, and that its a message with a purpose.
- Working cross functionally to pull insight from your team members, as well as from the client. You may have to check in with our agency editor or find out facts on your own.
- Use creativity and skill to synthesize it all into content that gets results. You will bring out the best in your workmates, no matter their discipline. You will be thoughtful, insightful, knowledgeable, articulate, likeable and involved.
Qualifications & Skills
- Prior experience managing the cradle to grave writing process. This is from creative briefing to finished copy, with guidance from the creative director.
- You will be working with an art director to create concepts that are innovative, effective and on strategy.
- Ability to draft copy that requires minimal or no reworking when reviewed by the creative director.
- Previous experience writing solid, often compelling headlines and body copy.
- Prior experience working autonomously. Must be able to review your own work to deliver error-free copy documents that contain no grammar or spelling errors, and are free of thought-construction flaws.
- Ability to build relationships of trust with key partners throughout the agency, and resolve creative differences swiftly and cooperatively.
- Experienced working on time and on budget, while meeting and exceeding the client s expectations
- Bachelor s degree in English, communications or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience.
- Our ideal candidate has an advertising and marketing background with a small to mid-sized agency
- Knows how to multi-task and prioritize work.
- We're looking for someone with experience writing for print, corporate collateral, broadcast media and digital (websites, landing pages, display ads and emails).