Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City area. We specialize in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client is seeking a Benefits Administrator. This position is responsible for the administration of benefits programs, including, but not limited to, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, and LTD. Provide support to employees and management regarding questions on benefit program offerings, administration, reporting and compliance.
Benefits Administrator Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for the day-to-day administration of benefits programs and offerings.
- First point of contact for employees, management, benefits vendors and broker for benefits related questions or requests. Provide timely answers and explanations for benefits offerings.
- Responsible for all benefits billing, including invoice reconciliation, validating invoice accuracy and timely payment. Identify any billing errors and work to resolve issue directly with vendor.
- Manages open enrollment process, including, but not limited to, testing benefits enrollment system and data feeds to vendors, developing communications, conducting employee presentations and assisting employees with enrollment.
- Responsible for the timely completion of all necessary actions related to benefits when an employee terminates employment, including COBRA initiation, vendor updates, etc.
- Manages FMLA administration and processing, including managing impacted employee s timesheet for the duration of their leave.
- Ensure compliance to applicable State and/or Federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with HRIS maintenance, testing and implementation.
- Supports the development and programming for the wellness initiative.
- Responsible for OSHA reporting and acts as the liaison for Worker s Compensation related claims.
- Evaluate current programming, policies and procedures and provide recommendations for process improvement or enhancement.
- Bachelor's degree in human resources, accounting or related field. A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered.
- Three (3) years of benefits administration.
- Certified Benefits Professional preferred.
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws and regulations regarding benefits and benefits compliance.
- Self-starter who takes initiative to manage a process, ask questions when necessary and drive to resolution.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities while effectively maintaining deadlines.
- Manage all information with strict confidentiality and with adherence to HIPAA requirements.
- Proficient in Excel.