Accounts Payable Specialist
Position: Accounts Payable Specialist
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City Metro. Morgan Hunter specializes in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable Specialist. In this position, you will perform invoice processing, auditing and vendor management functions.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Accurately and efficiently process invoices for multiple vendors
- Communicate discrepancies as needed
- Batch for payment all purchase orders with matching invoices
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Process check requests
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks, and distribute checks accordingly
- Respond to all vendor inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Post daily payments to the general ledger
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects as needed
- 2-5 years Accounts Payable or General Accounting experience
- Must have excellent computer skills including, Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to work well under pressure with frequent interruptions
- Exceptional mathematical skills
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
About Morgan Hunter
The Administrative Division at Morgan Hunter specializes in Direct Hire, Temporary and Temp-to-Hire placements. Our clients come from a wide variety of industries and range from the Fortune 500 to small businesses. Visit morganhunter.Com today for more information on how we can help your business or your job search.