Accounts Payable Specialist
Kansas City, MO
Accounts Payable Accountant
This role is responsible for performing and understanding all aspects of Accounts Payable and various staff accountant duties. Accounts Payable responsibilities include weekly payments to vendors, coding invoices, employee expense reimbursements, and 3-way match of invoices. The staff accountant responsibilities will allow an entry level accountant to develop a basic accounting skill set that will assist the individual in understanding the financial impact of Accounts Payable. This position contains potential for growth and requires an individual that will take initiative and be a self-starter.
- Ability to process a large quantity of timely and accurate payments to vendors on a weekly basis.
- Provide accurate coding of employee expense reports and check requests as needed.
- Assist in the financial accounting period close process.
- Coordinate month-end invoice accrual process and documentation
- Support the management with special projects and workflow process improvements
- 3 - 5 years Accounts Payable or General Accounting experience
- Experience working with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Intermediate Excel experience a must.
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Professional written and verbal communication