Accounts Payable Specialist
Kansas City, MO
Morgan Hunter is one of the oldest, largest, and most recognizable recruiting firms in the Kansas City Metro. Morgan Hunter specializes in locating and evaluating high-performing professionals for direct hire, temporary and temp-to-hire positions on behalf of local and national organizations.
Our client has a wonderful opportunity for a proven, motivated Accounts Payable Specialist. Your role is responsible for performing and understanding all aspects of Accounts Payable and would include high-volume invoice processing, client interaction and vendor management. Qualified candidates will have recent professional accounts payable experience, with exceptional skills with Excel and various accounting software systems.
- Ability to process a large quantity of timely and accurate payments to vendors (30-100 incoming invoices/day)
- Heavy data entry which includes matching/vouching of invoices with vendor receipts
- Handle discrepancies using keen judgement and investigation along with purchasing department
- Provide accurate coding of employee expense reports and check requests as needed
- Assist in the financial accounting period close process
- Coordinate month-end invoice research, tracking, accrual and documentation processes
- Support the management with special projects and workflow process improvements
- 5 years’ Accounts Payable experience
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Professional written and verbal communication
About Morgan Hunter
The Administrative Division at Morgan Hunter specializes in Direct Hire, Temporary and Temp-to-Hire placements. Our clients come from a wide variety of industries and range from the Fortune 500 to small businesses. Visit morganhunter.Com today for more information on how we can help your business or your job search.