Overland Park, KS
We are searching for an Accounting Manager that has four to ten plus years of experience for a client headquartered in Kansas City Metro. This organization is a solid company financially and is looking to add a team player!
The Accounting Manager will be a self-starter who has proven their ability to operate in a fast paced environment. They will report daily to a CFO/controller who will serve as a strong mentor given his/her background in public accounting and financial services organizations. They are looking to develop this Accounting Manager and groom him or her to become a manager in the company.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee the workflow allocation and professional development of the accounts payable/receivables team and the GAAP accounting group.
- Partner with the CFO/Controller to run all aspects of the accounting department and work directly with the CEO on special projects.
- Reconcile the general ledger and document journal entries - month end closing.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting; CPA a plus
- Public accounting experience highly preferred - but not mandatory
- Four to ten years plus of experience in Accounting, preferably in small- to mid-size organizations
- Proactive work mentality and ability to operate independently
- Positive attitude and willingness to assist wherever needed to contribute to the department’ s success
- Prior experience in public accounting and non-profits is desired!